Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Park and Art

Dim SumBrothersWe started the day off by meeting my uncle in the lobby. He got us China Mobile SIM cards that have dual numbers: one while you're in Hong Kong and one while you're in Mainland China. It worked fine in my unlocked Nexus One. Breakfast was at a dim sum place just next to our hotel. It wasn't particularly memorable, but a great start to our first full day in Hong Kong.
 
Brush Work Flick and I walked around a local park for a bit before deciding to go to the Hong Kong Museum of Art. There was a lot of pottery, calligraphy and paintings. In the evening, I got some takeout from the nearby Sino-Vegetarian Restaurant: fried rice with pork and basil, corn and seafood soup, and a fried bean curd skin sticks. Total cost: $142HKD. I appreciated how the dipping sauce containers actually had a hinge and closed completely.

No comments: